This survey is making the rounds over at www.allrecipes.com, but since I don't have a blog there, I decided to answer the questions here in my Sanctuary. I hope you enjoy it...and feel free to copy it to your blog and insert your own answers!
1. How do you like your eggs? I like them over medium, making sure to completely cook the whites while keeping the yolks runny. There's nothing better than a piece of sourdough toast dipped in runny egg yolk!
2. How do you take your coffee/tea? I like coffee with Sweet 'n' Low and milk or with French Vanilla flavored liquid creamer.
3. Favorite breakfast food? Leftovers from dinner the night before! Actually, I don't usually eat breakfast. I get nauseated if I eat anything before about 10:30 or 11:00 in the morning.
4. Peanut butter - Smooth or crunchy? If I'm making a sandwich or spreading it on crackers, celery, etc., then smooth. If I'm making cookies or fudge, then extra crunchy.
5. What kind of dressing on your salad? Ranch, but not just ANY ranch. It has to be the kind you mix up yourself, adding the packet of powdered mix to milk and mayonnaise. The bottled stuff is just nasty.
6. Coke or Pepsi? Diet Coke with Lime. I only like diet sodas and I'd choose most generic brands before choosing Pepsi. How DID it win all those taste tests????
7. You're feeling lazy. What do you make? Reservations! Seriously, though, when I don't feel like cooking, I usually will doctor up some Top Ramen or mac and cheese with veggies, cut up hot dogs, etc.
8. You're feeling REALLY lazy. What kind of pizza do you order? Half with pepperoni and sausage (for the kids) and half with all the veggies (no bell peppers or jalapenos, though) and pepperoni (for me).
9. You feel like cooking. What do you make? That all depends on what I have on hand. I usually try to make something "new" when I really feel like being in the kitchen, so I go searching on AllRecipes for the ingredients I have and pick a recipe to try.
10. Do any foods bring back good memories? Yep...navy bean soup. I can remember being a little girl, sitting at my great-grandmother's table eating her wonderful navy bean soup. She would always break up her bread in her bowl of soup. It's one of the few things I remember about my great-grandmother.
11. Do any foods bring back bad memories? My mother's "noodle casserole". It was a mixture of ground beef, tomato sauce, egg noodles, and seasonings. I HATED that stuff! The only thing that made it semi-bearable was Velveeta cheese...LOTS of Velveeta cheese. The problem is that we were relatively poor, so my mom would ration the Velveeta cheese. We were allowed only two slices (and she sliced it pretty thin!), so we could choose whether to have both slices in our noodle casserole, both slices to eat out of hand, or one of each. I was never satisfied with that arrangement, because the casserole HAD to have two slices in even a small serving in order for me to be able to choke it down, but I WANTED a slice of that glorious yellow blob to eat out of hand, too! The whole rest of the family really liked noodle casserole and I now know it was one of my mom's ways of filling up the family for not too much money, but it was the bane of my existence as a child LOL!
12. Do any foods remind you of someone? Saltwater taffy reminds me of my grandfather on my mother's side (my Papa). He really liked it, so every time I'm someplace where they sell it, I buy some in honor of my grandfather. I'd LOVE to learn how to make it someday!
13. Is there a food you refuse to eat? Escargots! There is NO WAY I'm putting SNAILS in my mouth! EWWWWW!!!!
14. What was your favorite food as a child? I honestly don't remember. I wasn't ever a really picky eater, so I liked most foods.
15. Is there a food you hated as a child that you now like? I don't know that I "hated" it, but I would have to say peanut butter. I didn't like it much as a child, but now I really like it.
16. Is there a food that you liked as a child, but now hate? There are a couple, actually: Marshmallows and Conversation Hearts. I can only eat marshmallows if they are stale, frozen, or toasted and Conversation Hearts are just disgusting.
17. Favorite fruit and vegetable: Fruit - Strawberries. Vegetable - It's a tie between asparagus and artichokes.
18. Favorite junk food: Pringles Original flavor. I can eat an entire can of them in one sitting if I let myself. Second favorite would be Oreos with spray whipped cream on them. I know, I know *sigh*.
19. Favorite between meal snack: I don't usually snack between meals unless I'm baking. Then I'll sample a piece of whatever I'm baking - cookies, bread, muffins, etc.
20. Do you have any weird food habits? Yeah...you know those little white stringy things that are attached to the yolks of eggs? Well, I can NOT eat anything that has eggs in it if those stringy things haven't been picked out first. They remind me of umbilical cords and that just grosses me out. Also, when I'm cleaning a piece of meat, I have to remove every trace of fat, gristle, and veins, even if it means sacrificing a large portion of good meat in the process.
21. You're on a diet. What food(s) do you fill up on? Ummm...I have no idea. I haven't been on a "diet" in so long. The last time I went on a diet, nothing that was "allowed" in unlimited amounts was appetizing to me, so I was hungry a lot. I guess I could fill up on green salad with lots of veggies mixed in, dressed with seasoned rice vinegar.
22. You're off your diet. Now what would you like? Almost anything that's battered and fried in boiling hot oil! Favorites would be beer battered fish and Australian battered potatoes, with deep fried Twinkies and Oreos for dessert!
23. How spicy do you order Indian/Thai? It depends on where I'm at. One local restaurant considers "mild" to mean no spice at all, so there I order "medium". Another restaurant considers "mild" to mean it barely singes your nose hairs LOL!
24. Can I get you a drink? Captain Morgan and Diet Coke, please!
25. Red or white wine? Both for cooking, but sweet red for drinking.
26. Favorite dessert? Go to www.allrecipes.com and look up "Sex in a Pan II". I LOVE that dessert, but I double the whipped topping in the cream cheese layer. I also REALLY like Trishie's "Banoffee Pavlova" at that same site. DELISH!
27. The perfect nightcap? Two Benadryl and a Restoril (prescription sleeping pill). Honestly! The only way I can relax enough to sleep is if I take that combination.
Well, family and friends, now you have a little deeper look into who I am food-wise. Happy eating!!